Thursday, March 17, 2011

Meeting Tonight!

I am so excited about our first meeting tonight! This has been a LONG TIME coming for MS!

6:00 at the MS Breastfeeding Clinic in Madison

Several people have asked 2 things since the word has started spreading about the group:
(1) Are children allowed? --Everyone is allowed to make their own decisions about readiness to separate. So, YES, children are welcome. That being said, I will personally be leaving 1-2 of my older children with my husband and bringing my nursing baby. Because this particular meeting is in Dr. Saenz's waiting room, I don't feel like my rambunctious boys will be able to entertain themselves the whole time without my intervening alot, and they were quite disruptive last week when I took them to the LLL meeting. So, if you have a husband or someone who would be willing to keep more active children who might be disruptive, great. If you, like me, don't always have a husband/spouse home from work yet or you don't want to pay a babysitter just to attend the meeting, etc, you are more than welcome to bring them and give it a go. Of course, we don't expect young children to sit still for an hour, but we also expect them to not destroy Dr. Saenz's waiting room or fight with the other children as well. It is completely up to you. We do ask that if discipline is needed, that only positive discipline be used and never any physical or punitive punishment. I am hoping to end up with a location in a church nursery or open gym of some kind, where the children have more freedom to play and mess around with the stuff they see, so that we, in turn, may have more meaningful/less distracted conversation.

(2) What is attachment/AP? This is what we are talking about at tonight's meeting. You can visit attachmentparenting.org to read about it OR just visit the group to learn more!


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the meeting. Thanks so much for starting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there! I so wanted to come but it did not work out because i was just too tired to head out the door. but i hope to be at the next meeting. i'm so glad this is getting started. kudos to you for initiating it!

    Guitta Hogue

    ReplyDelete
  3. madeline, it was a pleasure to have you, levi, and (baby girl? forgot her name, so sorry!) there!

    guitta, you were missed! looking fwd to next time!

    ReplyDelete