Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meeting Tonight!

Meeting Tonight, Thursday April 21

location: Mississippi Breastfeeding Clinic in Madison (Thanks Dr. Saenz!)

time: 6:00

topics:

Nonviolent Communication

"The ability to keep observation and evaluation separate is the highest form of human intelligence." ~Jiddhu Krishnamurti

and Handling Criticism/AP in a Non-AP World

"Me, I adopt the Cheerfully Obtuse attitude. I completely misunderstand what they're saying; the implied criticisms go right ... over ... my head. Sometimes, if I'm feeling froggy, I get confused and ask them to explain themselves. I generally follow this with a bemused smile and a polite comment that implies that I had no idea people still thought the earth was flat. Oh, sure, it's a little passive-aggressive. But since I acquired a toddler, I really don't have the energy for the more confrontational approach that I would have taken in my feckless youth." ~Pamela Williams-Smith, co-leader of API of Tallahassee, FL







No comments:

Post a Comment